Our Commitment to Safety
It’s hard to believe we are two years into the coronavirus pandemic here in the US. Now we’ve found ourselves battling severe weather events on top of the omicron and delta variant surges.
The pandemic and severe weather have highlighted—among other systemic failures—how fragile our current industrialized food system is. When vital workers get sick and when roadways freeze up or get flooded, food that has to travel far means grocery store shelves empty out fast.
We’ve been truly honored to support you and your family with fresh local food delivered safely to your door each week. We so deeply appreciate your patience as we navigated these past few months and engaged in deeply creative problem solving to ensure you get your deliveries while also prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of our producers, delivery drivers, and warehouse workers.
As we see COVID numbers spike locally and nationally, we wanted to take a moment to share our warehouse COVID safety protocols. Our amazing warehouse team wakes up early in the morning to pack your boxes and hand them off to your delivery driver.
- All our warehouse employees are vaccinated.
- All our warehouse employees wear a mask at all times.
- Our warehouse employees strive to work 6 feet apart whenever possible.
- Strict adherence to food safety guidelines including mandatory hand washing anytime an employee is working with food, and mandatory glove wearing when handling food.
- Any employee experiencing COVID symptoms stays home until testing negative.
- Any employee who has had close contact with someone COVID positive stays home until testing negative.
Many of you have reached out to let us know how important we’ve been to you getting through the chaotic past two years, and your words of encouragement and support truly mean the world to us and motivate us each day.
In 2021 we grew more resilient, stronger, and smarter. We developed new products, improved our user experience, and connected with new local producers all to serve our mission of making shopping, cooking, and eating local the easy choice. We hold a lot of cautious optimism for 2022.
Thank you for supporting your local farmers, ranchers, bakers, and makers with Acme Farms + Kitchen.
-The Acme Team